In the modern world, We use the internet as our daily belongings. Recently the smartphone market is gradually increasing day by day. The availability of affordable smartphones and the internet has made an enormous difference for the people out there. With the huge upsurge in mobile usage, a mobile app is apt for growing business among the billions of users worldwide, people are accepting the mobile application with the open arms and gradually they are become addicted to it and enjoying its smooth operation, easy accessibility, world connectivity, and better online resources and that making it difficult for the developers to choose whether native app development is good for crafting the app or hybrid app development.
This is the high time for the developers to know the details of the Native app and Hybrid app and develop different kind applications on the base of native and hybrid app development for their clients.
Let’s compare both native and hybrid app development and decide which one among them is good for app development.
This kind of application is used by most businesses and has the majority. The name itself describes the app as it is the most common and naturally developed one among mobile applications.
At first, What is Native Application
A native application is a software program that is developed for use on a particular platform or device and its OS. This means the developer should create different versions of an app for different systems. it has the ability to use device-specific hardware and software. Native apps can provide optimized performance and take advantage of the latest technology, such as a GPS, compared to web apps or mobile cloud apps developed to be generic across multiple systems
Native applications and platforms
The term native app is used to refer to platforms such as Mac and PC, with examples such as the Photos, Mail or Contacts applications that are preinstalled and configured on every Apple computer. The developers write code in Swift or Objective-C for iOS applications, Java for Android Native applications and C# for Windows. Thus, if you are planning to build an app for any of these two platforms (or both), you should definitely hire a developer who is proficient in the languages mentioned above. Moreover, Native applications make use of the Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for building the application for a particular OS. In Native App the construction of app, design, graphic styles, typography, visual effects, data entry, etc. everything varies between the operating systems.
Advantages of Native App
- Fast and responsive software performance due to particular platform-focused development.
- It provides high security for every device separately.
- Highly User-Friendly
- A UI that better matches with user experiences of the OS.
- All the devices are accessible very easily with the Native App Development.
Drawbacks of Native App
- It is the time spent on multiple builds of codes for separate platforms in each feature update.
- Multiple codebases because each device has its own version of the app.
- Much expensive than others, each platform bears a separate cost price. Multiple platform s make it more expensive than others.
In the Hybrid app, one app will be created for different platforms, which is a software application that combines elements of both the native app and web app. Thus, normal users would not understand the difference between native and hybrid apps in bare eyes.
What is Hybrid App?
Hybrid, by definition, is anything derived from heterogeneous sources or composed of elements of different or incongruous kinds. A hybrid app is one that is written with the same technology used for different websites and mobile web implementations, and that is hosted or runs inside a native container on a mobile device.
Hybrid apps are popular because they allow developers to write code for a mobile app once and still accommodate multiple platforms. Because hybrid apps add an extra layer between the source code and the target platform, they may perform slightly slower than native or web versions of the same app.
Hybrid Application and Platforms
These hybrid apps are cost-effective and almost all the startups and people who are on a stiff budget usually opt for hybrid app development.
Advantages of Hybrid App
- Easily available from different platforms.
- You will be able to update the content as many times as need, and it needs very low maintenance.
- Needs a single codebase to run on Multiple Platforms.
- Faster build times compared to native apps.
- Can work online and offline
Drawbacks of the Hybrid App
- An extra layer between source code and target mobile platform likely the hybrid mobile framework. This can result in performance loss.
- Needs third-party native plugins and libraries to act like a Native app.
- The appearance of an application may vary from platform to platform.
- User experience (UX) may fall if the user interface (UI) isn’t similar to and well enough designed to what browsers the user is used to.
The comparison and the difference between the Native app and Hybrid app
In Native App development, the language must be Native only.
In Hybrid App development the language must be both in native and web.
In Native App development, the user interface must be rich and attractive.
In Hybrid App Development It won’t give a fully native experience for the users due to the usage of web technology.
Only one App can be developed in each Native Development.
Multiple apps can be developed by using Hybrid App Development.
The Native app performs faster and highly reliable due to its design.
The Hybrid App performs Slowly and not much reliable as this app can be easily applicable for any type of app design.
When it comes to the small apps, people aren’t able to make much difference between the hybrid and native apps, But when the big hardware-driven apps come into consideration,
The native app is apt for those huge tasks Since the native app is built for the best performance of a specific OS.
But the hybrid app falls short in term of performance
The Native App Development supports several versions like complex server part. The whole app must be updated to see changes. The app code is updated through the market.
The Hybrid App Development will be updated regularly from the App store and there is no need for the market for updating the app code.
Developer’s learning ability
In the Native App Development, The developers should have expertise in developing apps on a particular OS, if they don’t have experience then it will take time to study and understand development for each platform.
In the Hybrid App Development, The developers can learn this easily as there is no need to learn the development of apps for each platform.
The internet connection depends on the app. The Native apps that usually need internet connection are 1) API-client apps, 2) Updating the apps from the market.
In Hybrid App Development Almost all the apps need connection. The web part needs to be renewed from time to time, and this requires the internet.
Despite the differences between these two apps. Nobody can help you choose Native over Hybrid or vice versa. Your choice will solely depend on your requirements and objective.
Yet there are some key points When you will choose native or hybrid.
When we will choose the Native App
- To continue your app online as well as offline
- If you want to run your app in speed and provide high performance
- If you want different functionalities in your appearance.
- If your app is quite large, complex and tricky to use.
- When you think about user experience first.
- At the time of focus on one OS only.
When you will choose the Hybrid App
- You own a website already and want an app now.
- If you want an app with some simple and direct features.
- If you want your app always runs online.
- If you want an app in a temporary purpose.
- when you want to focus on multiple access.
- At the time of quick and affordable development.